The Collagen Induction Therapy is a results-driven treatment that helps to delay the ageing of the skin and is taking the skin care industry by storm!
This revolutionary anti-aging treatment makes use of a hand held tool with fine, disposable micro-needles to penetrate the skin’ surface, stimulating the elastin and collagen production in the top layers of the skin. It is a simple, minimally invasive, virtually side-effect free concept for skin (facial and non-facial) rejuvenation. The result is firmer, younger looking skin.
CIT (Collagen Induction Therapy) can be used by men and women and may be used to improve the following:
• Fine lines
• Large pores
• Acne scars,
• Surgical scars
• Stretch marks
• To even out skin texture
• To even out skin colour
• To firm loose body and facial skin.
How does it work?
The micro pen uses very fine needles to pin-prick the skin’s surface sufficiently enough to stimulate collagen and elastin production. Resulting micro-channels also aid in absorbing therapeutic serums for greater penetration and increasing overall efficacy.
Clinical studies from Europe, U.S. and South Korea have proven that any serum that is applied after a CIT treatment will penetrate the skin better that with any other treatment and that treatment with CIT is more consistent in increasing the thickness of the skin than IPL and other resurfacing treatments like peels.
• There are no known negative side-effects
• Extremely high absorption of skin care products
• It can be used on thin skin
• It can be used on face, neck and body
• Realignment of old collagen bundles
• Complete preservation of the epidermis during the procedure
• No permanent damage to the skin, little or no pain during procedure
• No or pin-point bleeding bleeding, infection, discoloration or other complications on the treated area
• This type of needling can be done on people who have had laser resurfacing
• Can be used on areas of the skin where laser resurfacing cannot reach
• Only 12-24 hours healing period, no down-time needed
You will see a remarkable difference in the depth of fine line and wrinkles. The skin will thicken and tighten and the elasticity will be restored. Acne, other scarring and stretch marks will reduce and improve.
The CIT treatment usually last 30-75 minutes, depending on the size of the area being treated. The skin is cleansed and a topical numbing agent is applied. After 20 minutes the numbing cream is removed and a gliding gel is applied. A new, sterile needle is used in the pen to treat the area. Thereafter an anti-inflammatory gel is applied followed by the correct aftercare. The client will receive home-care instructions as well.
The first treatment will show some improvement, however each client’s skin will react differently. Treatment effects are cumulative, however you will already see a difference in the skin texture within 7 to 10 days after the first treatment. New collagen fibers can take up to 90 days to mature, so optimal results from any one treatment might only be seen after 2-3 months.
You can start a regime of CIT treatment from as early as 30 years of age to prevent the skin from ageing. For other problems like scarring and pigmentation, you can do this at any age.
You should not consider these treatments if you have any of the following:
• Active inflammatory condition including active acne, cold sores etc.
• Chronic skin disorders
• Blood clotting disorders
• Moles or warts
• Sever Solar Keratosis
• Poor healing conditions such as diabetics